ads



Friday, January 14, 2011

Tamiya Vintage F1 Lotus

Sadly Tamiya is against tobacco. Personally I think its gross but the money they spend on racing cars makes them OK in my book. Tamiya on the other hand to the detriment of their scale realism refuses to reproduce their decals with tobacco names. That means the eponymous JPS Lotus is now just the black and gold one. Very corny. Fortunately for me I found a Tamiya Road Wizard decal set on the bay for cheap. In case you didn't now the Road Wizard came with two decal sets, the original/Honda type and the JPS livery. So yes I have a set of John Player Special decals. I also have an unpainted Road Wizard body. If I ever get around to restoring my Road Wizard it will be a JPS car. This thing looks sexy though. If I find one for cheap I may use my decals on it.
RC Lotus Type 79 - F104W Item #84122

The Lotus Type 79 is one of the most recognizable F1 cars ever made. Tamiya's new 1/10 scale R/C model, based on the F104W ("W" = wide) chassis, lets you take control of this historic vehicle.
Specs & Features:
  • Driver parts included for the cockpit to enhance scale realism.
  • 1/10 R/C assembly kit model of the Lotus Type 79.
  • Length: 461mm, Width: 205mm, Height: 94mm.
  • The F104W chassis features F103 front arms to allow you to mimic the dimensions of F1 machines of the 1970's.
  • Polycarbonate Body.
  • A resin bumper is equipped under the front wing.

No comments:

Post a Comment