ads



Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Tamiya Will Soon Release a Monster Pajero Rally

When I first discovered Tamiya was re-releasing the Pajero Rally I was beyond elated. That was one of the cars I wanted but went out of production before I could get it. As an adult they became quite elusive and that means pricey. Of course you know I am cheap, so I didn't get one. My excitement turned into doubt when I remembered the original used Tamiya's 7.2 hump pack battery. That battery had five cells side by side and the sixth on top forming the "hump". A modern stick pack battery won't fit in that chassis without serious modifications.
Then I actually read the press release. Apparently this puppy is coming on the Lunchbox chassis. Now I am more excited. I happen to know a lot of tuning tricks for this chassis. I have both the Midnight Pumpkin and Vanessa's Lunchbox. Soon I will have this one too. I just hope they use the chrome wheels from the Midnight Pumpkin Metallic and not the ugly yellow ones from the 80's.
Of course Tamiya hasn't released any images of this so I included pics of the original, the Lunchbox chassis, and a monster Pajero someone else made. Enjoy.

This is a 1/10 scale R/C assembly kit of a first generation Montero (also known as Pajero and Shogun in different parts of the world) It was famous for participating in off-road races such as The Dakar Rally. This R/C machine uses the same chassis components as Item 58347 Lunch Box (2005). The 2WD chassis gives the hobbyist exciting R/C driving as well as fun wheelie action.
Specs and Features:
  • 1/10 scale R/C assembly kit.
  • Kit includes FREE BONUS PARTS (1150 Ball Bearing x 8pcs.) First production run bonus only. 10/2011
  • Durable injection-molded body features cargo bed details, spare tire, and roll cage for heightened realism.
  • Box type frame 2WD chassis is equipped with front swing axle and rear rolling rigid suspension.
  • Fully-enclosed gearbox protects against dirt and debris.
  • 115mm diameter tires
  • Wheelie bar included
  • Tamiya TEU-104BK forward and reverse brushed motor speed control. (equipped with low voltage protection feature)
  • Includes Tamiya 540 brushed motor

RC Mitsubishi Montero Wheelie Item #58499

No comments:

Post a Comment