The Hatchi-Roku. That's Japanese for eight six. Eight six means AE86. AE86 is the chassis code for a certain 1983-1987 Toyota Corolla. Toyota made many different Corolla models back then but the most important one was the AE86. That little car was an economy car and didn't try to hide it. It also had the soul of a squirrel. Tough, quick, agile, and fun on top of fun with a little fun on the side. It came in hatchback or coupe version and two trim levels over here in the U.S.A., standard SR-5, and hopped up GT-S. The GT-S had better brakes, interior, engine, suspension, and other stuff. It was by far the better of the two but the SR-5 still had the undeniable charm that was built into the Hatchi's DNA.
I guess you can tell I like this car. I'll admit it though, I prefer hatchbacks. While I'm whining, I also don't like how this body is full 1/10 scale. The real car is tiny. It will look disproportionate next to a 190mm Mercedes on my shelf. I would prefer to have this one in mini size or Cup Racer size. For you poor (or reasonable) people out there that only have one or two RC cars this body would be extra sweet to own. That is why you need to run out and buy one now. But first, check it out.
1/10 Touring Car Size (190mm) Approved by TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION.HPI Racing’s 190mm version of the legendary drifter, the Toyota Trueno AE86!
The AE86 Trueno is one of the most famous rear wheel drive drift cars, and it has gained a huge following due to the international popularity of drifting. Our true-to-life 1/10th scale replica captures all of the details that make the Trueno a fan favourite.
Included with the clear bodyshell is a huge pre-cut vinyl decal sheet with window lines, headlights, grilles, tail lights, HPI logos and extra “tuner” decals for a realistic look. A convenient overspray film is included, as well as vinyl window masks to make painting quick and easy. To make mounting the body simple, an instruction sheet is included and the body has dimple marks for drill locations. The 190mm width is perfect for most electric touring cars.
- Photorealistic die-cut premium vinyl decals include window frames, headlight, grille, tail lights, official logos and more!
- Clear overspray film and pre-cut vinyl window masks make painting simple and quick
- A decal instruction sheet is included for precise decal placement to create a winning car in no time
- Each HPI body has dimple marks for body post drilling locations
- An optional, realistic spoiler is provided with the body
- Moulded from 0.030″ clear polycarbonate plastic for durability and long life
- This is an officially licensed replica!