XRAY has long been viewed as the highest-quality and best-performing touring car available since it arrived on the RC car scene in 2000. Now with a long and distinguished history of racing achievements and groundbreaking, award-winning innovations, XRAY is proud to offer the 2011 version of the T3 platform… a top-quality “no-compromise” engineering marvel designed to put you in the Winners Circle.
Revolution, evolution, optimization… those are the key terms that describe the T1 and T2 platforms brought forward to the racing world in the last decade, and the new T3 carries with it all the heritage and racing pedigree to again raise the standard even higher. XRAY Research & Development along with the Factory Team have devoted themselves to extensive testing, all in the effort to bring to the consumer the latest evolution year after year. The T3 platform has been redesigned and improved for 2011, raising the bar once again. No extras needed… just a desire to win.
pure DESIGN. pure ADRENALINE. pure RACING.
T3’11 New Features:
- All new ultra-narrow chassis specifically designed for LiPo batteries
- New centrally-positioned dual steering system
- Improved cornering speed and increased out-of-corner steering
- Easier to drive, especially in high-traction conditions
- Horizontally-oriented servo with servo saver positioned in absolute center of chassis
- Steering is independent from chassis flex, ensuring tweak-independent steering for super precise and constant steering characteristics
- New narrow chassis layout, together with horizontal servo placement, creates centralized weight positioning
- New redesigned top deck for dual steering system was specially shaped to create more traction, stability and steering
- Extra steering stands allow connection to steering system via top deck, making for a stiffer car and minimizing tire overheating on high-traction carpet tracks
- New LiPo-specific composite battery holders prevent batteries from moving in crashes
- XRAY Multi-Flex Technology™ adapted to the T3’11 top deck design allows flex adjustment to adjust car stiffness for particular track conditions
- New low-profile shock absorber membranes for easier shock dampening adjustment
- Based on the T3 platform, fully compatible with majority of spare parts and option parts
- Suspension holder system allows suspension arms to be mounted independently from diff bulkheads
- Direct independent suspension alu holders mounted directly to the chassis, allowing for elongated chassis flex to generate more traction
- Independent suspension holders allow for more precise and fine set-up adjustments via different-thickness shims
- Motor mount purpose-designed for brushless motors, placing the motor 3mm more towards the centerline
- Rear suspension holders positioned towards the centerline results in narrower rear track-width and more rear traction
- Rear aluminum rear suspension holders feature integrated toe-in
- 1-piece top deck features layshaft composite holders to allow the top deck to be mounted to the rear bulkheads independently from the central layshaft bulkheads
- Motor holder connects the motor mount bulkhead to the center of the chassis, thus transferring the flex effect of the motor mount into the absolute centerline of the chassis
- Layshaft bulkheads are independently mounted from the top deck for better flex adjustment
- 38/20T (1.9) internal gearing for improved drivetrain efficiency and performance
- Eccentric front and rear roll center holders with more inner camber link positions for better balance and handling
- Updated front steering blocks provide increased steering angle for more steering and higher cornering speeds
- Lightweight black-anodized Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum turnbuckles
- Super-lightweight Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum rear drive shafts, hard-anodized, colorcoated and laser-engraved, 38% lighter than standard drive shafts
- Super-light drive axles with 35% less rotating mass
- Orange-anodized aluminum parts for stylish and distinctive look
- Reduced sensitivity to changing track conditions, giving super-consistent performance during runs
- Super-smooth adjustable Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum ball-differentials with XRAY Labyrinth Dust Covers™
- Centered layshaft and split bulkheads provide optimum balance due to perfect weight distribution of the motor towards centerline, giving quicker left-right transitions
- Ultra-light bulkheads CNC-machined from premium Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum
- Motor mount bulkhead features the lowest possible motor position, compatible with stock / modified / brushless motors
- Super-light composite front Solid Axle with XRAY’s own smart quick-change outdrive system for easy outdrive exchange; no servicing or replacement of drive shaft blades needed, translates into reduced servicing costs
- Specially-optimized drive shaft lengths for rubber-tire racing conditions ; longer 52mm front/rear CVD drive shafts positioned more towards centerline in diff/solid axle outdrives generate more overall traction and make the car easier to drive on low-traction tracks
- Independent front and rear diff height adjustment; belt tension adjustment in both front and rear bulkheads
- Long front & rear suspension arms for improved traction and easier handling feature optimized shock mounting positions
- Suspension arms feature integrated anti-roll bar mounts; rear arms feature 3 different anti-roll bar mounts for super-fine adjustment of the rear anti-roll bar
- Includes both front and rear anti-roll bars (front 1.4mm & rear 1.2mm)
- C-hubs with large openings for quick and easy assembly/disassembly of the CVDs; prevents collision of CVD with C hub in serious crashes (compatible for the ECS drive shafts)
- C-hubs available in standard caster angles (2°, 4°, 6°); available in two hardnesses (M – medium, H – hard)
- Rear uprights with integrated 0° toe-in prevent suspension geometry changes in serious crashes; available in two hardnesses (M – medium, H – hard)
- Steering blocks available in two hardnesses (M – medium, H - hard)
- Front & rear shock towers machined from premium 3.0mm graphite material, featuring Quick Roll Center™ positions and optimized shock absorber positions
- C2.6 and C3.0 racing springs
- 84T 48P spur gear – extra-hard material, wobble-free design
- EFRA, ROAR, FEMCA spec compliant for modified and stock racing
- XRAY Quick Roll-Centers™ – 4 quick roll center adjustments in front and rear
- Rebuildable front CVD drive shafts made from special world-renowned, top-secret, self-developed HUDY Spring Steel™; world’s tiniest yet most durable drive shafts are hand ground for maximum precision. Recommended for use in front for increased durability
- New super-lightweight wheel axles manufactured from premium HUDY Spring Steel™
- Premium-quality, Kevlar®-reinforced drive belts
- Lightweight middle layshaft CNC-machined made from aircraft aluminum
- Front upper and lower composite bumper made from special composite material to withstand hard impacts
- Compact front foam bumper made from lightweight, high-resilience foam
- Thick 6mm body posts withstand hard crashes
- Lower suspension holders with three different roll center positions offer additional ultra-fine roll center adjustment via different-thickness shims
- Easily adjustable inboard toe-in using included shims
- Easily adjustable wheel offset using optional shims or optional offset wheel hubs (-0.75mm, +0.75mm, +1.5mm)
- 7075 T6 aluminum wheel hubs
- Short XRAY 4-step externally-adjustable shocks
- Shock shafts are specially hardened for maximum strength
- Shock absorber foam inserts for perfect shock rebound
- XRAY self-developed and manufactured ultimate racing springs are manually selected for maximum precision, equal length, and equal damping characteristics
- Small 4° caster C-blocks from special composite material, optional 2° and 6° caster blocks available
- Small, robust steering blocks made from special composite material, featuring 2 Ackermann positions
- Complete set of high-speed, blue-sealed ball-bearings are degreased and lightly oiled for maximum efficiency, individually controlled, selected, and inspected
- Aluminum self-locking wheel nuts
- Super easy to build, set up, maintain, and drive
- Fully-adjustable front and rear suspension geometry: caster, camber, toe, anti-dive, anti-squat, ride height, droop, track-width, roll center, wheelbase
- Adjustable ball differential
- XRAY Quick Roll-Centers™
- Adjustable front and rear bulkheads with belt-tension control
- Front and rear diff height adjustment
- Adjustable HUDY aluminum turnbuckles (steering, front & rear upper links)
- Multiple upper and lower shock mounting locations at front and rear
- Externally-adjustable racing shocks (4-step)
- Pre-drilled chassis locations for optional chassis weights in center of chassis
- Adjustable front and rear anti-roll bars
XRAY T3 PlatformSince the release of the first T1 in 2000, XRAY has become synonymous with quality, workmanship, performance, and luxury in the RC world. With countless victories and titles from all around the world — including 30x US National Champion, International Indoor Champion ’05-’06-’07-’08-’09, US Snowbird Champion ’04-’05-’06-’07-’08-’09-‘10, 3x European Junior Champion and over 200+ national titles around the world — XRAY touring cars have become the world’s most favorite touring car as voted in the Reader’s Choice Awards and more than 12x Car of the Year Awards. Over the years, XRAY’s Engineering Department has continued its ongoing development, bringing with it a fresh new version of its touring car platform, always superseding and improving upon its predecessors. The new T3 platform is the next evolution of XRAY’s highly-successful touring car platform which had its roots in the T1 (introduced in 2000) and the T2 platform (introduced in 2005). With the latest advancements in electronics, motors and especially batteries (bringing the new standard of LiPo batteries), the T3 has been purposely designed as a new modern platform optimized to incorporate and accommodate these new developing standards.
The T3 packs in all of the latest parts and products supporting the car’s high-performance nature to gain a distinct edge in the highly-competitive spectrum of foam- and rubber-tire racing.
LiPo OptimizedThe new T3’11 was designed to work seamlessly with new technology and therefore is specifically designed for high-performance LiPo batteries. Everything around the car was optimized and specially designed for the best balance of the car using the LiPo batteries.
New ChassisThe T3’11 features an all-new chassis specifically designed for LiPo batteries. Out of all chassis on the market, the T3’11 chassis has all the electronics placed into the centerline to make the T3’11 the best-balanced electric touring car. The chassis is 94mm wide and features pre-drilled holes for optional central chassis weights. Chassis is machined from high-grade 2.5mm graphite material.
New Double Steering SystemThe new double steering system is ALL NEW for XRAY electric touring cars. The double steering system is supported by 6 ball bearings and runs on aluminum stands. Ackermann is easily adjusted by inserting shims between the steering plate and steering rods. The new steering system features a lower mounting position for steering linkage which makes the car handle easier going into corners. Handling is easily adjusted for more aggression by inserting a shim between the steering block and steering rods.
Horizontal Servo PositionThe smart top desk and double steering system design allows the servo to be placed in a horizontal orientation along the chassis. This allows for a more centered placement of electronics in the car, along with having the servo saver in the center of the chassis.
Servo SaverThe T3’11 features a unique servo saver position ; in the absolute center of the chassis. The servo saver consists of 3 springs which makes the servo saver strong enough to prevent extreme steering deflection from impacts, while at the same time being flexible enough to prevent servo damage in hard crashes. The servo saver has interchangable bushings to fit most popular servos on the market.
The T3’11 steering is independent of chassis flex due to the fixed mounting of the alu stands, which are independent from chassis flex. This creates flex-free steering which is always very precise and keeps the car under total control all the time.
Extra Steering Stands
To increase the stiffness of the car, additional (included) alu stands can be mounted between the steering stands and the top deck. This makes the car stiffer and results in less turn-in steering, while at the same time makes the car easier to drive in high-grip conditions.
New Top Deck
The top deck has been completely redesigned to fit the new LiPo chassis design and the new dual steering system. The shape of the top deck has been specifically designed to achieve maximum steering, traction, and cornering speed. The top deck is machined from high-grade 2.0mm graphite and features XRAY Multi-Flex Technology™ adjustment positions. An optional belt tensioner can be mounted to the top deck.
With the current trend of high development in the electric motor and battery industries, the drivetrain has been optimized to work efficiently with all most popular motors — stock, modified, and brushless. As such the T3 comes with 38T diff pulleys and large 20T center layshaft pulleys.