I know this is kind of old but I haven't written about it yet and it's an alternative to the TOP Racing Sabre I wrote about earlier. I like FWD touring cars. Actually I like the variety that touring cars offer. FWD is one of many flavors in the touring car ice cream store. I know the old FF01 was supposed to be the best FWD racer excluding the Yokomo YRF. I never drove it before though. I have a pair of FWD's on the horizon and maybe come Christmas I'll have one of these sweeties too! I buy my own Christmas and birthday presents and act like they're surprises. So pitifully sad, yes. Any how this thing is mad sexy and much cheaper than the TOP. So if you're poor like me check it out.
the FF-03 PRO, the newest touring car chassis kit in our line-up. The FF-03 chassis features a horizontally-placed front-motor, front-wheel drive and comes enhanced with a range of high performance parts to offer you anew driving experience. Due to its unique chassis layout and FWD setup, you can enjoy a style of driving different from 4WD chassis machines. The chassis features a newly designed lower deck and comes with a compact front gearbox. Suspension is equipped with short reversible suspension arms and TRF416 uprights on the Inboard Front Suspension(IFS) setup. True to its name "PRO", high-spec parts such as TRF dampers, aluminum turnbuckle shafts, and aluminum ball connectors are also included in the kit.
FF-03 PRO Chassis Kit includes the following Option Parts:
- Item 42102 TRF Special Damper (Hard Black Coating) plus Titanium Coated Piston Rods and White Coil Springs (Medium x2, Hard x2)
- Item 51000 Hi-Torque Servo Saver (Black)
- Item 53159 4mm Anodized Aluminum Flange Lock Nuts (Blue)
- Item 53642 5mm Aluminum Ball Connector (Blue)
- Item 54121 Aluminum Horn For Hi-Torque Servo Saver
- Item 54223 FF-03 Aluminum Motor Plate (Blue)
- Aluminum Turnbuckle Shafts (Blue)
- 5mm Adjuster (Gray)
Slim chassis features longitudinal battery position. R/C unit is placed on each side for optimized chassis balance.
Motor is securely attached to blue-anodized aluminum motor plate which enhances dissipation of motor heat. The compact gearbox is equipped with a large-sized ball differential.
Front suspension features the IFS system. The damper mount is equipped with stabilizer holders.
3 wheelbases (257, 245, 233mm) can be assembled by replacing rear block parts.Rear dampers can be installed to either side of the suspension arms.
Specs & Features
- 1/10 R/C assembly model kit.
- Chassis length: 384mm, Overall width: 185mm, Tread: 157mm, Wheelbase: 257, 245,233mm.
- FWD chassis features front-mounted motor and is designed for optimum weight distribution and a low center of gravity.
- Body, tires, ESC, motor, R/C unit, battery and charger not included.