ads



Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow Bash Video!!!

My Redcat. People talk trash about them. I bought it because I wanted a crawler but didn't want to dump a bunch of money. I fell in love with it and upgraded it to be a "woods truck". I moved the lower links to the innermost holes to shorten the wheelbase. I used Venom creeper wheels and tires with HPI Geolander inserts which are a smaller diameter. That gives me a soft tread for traction but some cushion for hard landings.

The servos were upgraded to a Hitec HS645MG up front and a standard Futaba in the rear with an alloy servo horn up front and a short plastic one out back to limit the rear steering throw. I did a behind the axle conversion to the front steering and a high steering mod to the rear.

I also made a four-link for the rear and a three link up front to eliminate the bat wings.


The powertrain has been upgraded to dual Traxxas XL2.5 esc's and Titan 380 motors with 8T pinions and huge capacitors to keep things balanced and avoid Clod-stall.

I also cut the bottom of the chassis to allow me to use a stick pack in it.

I topped it off with a Parma Escalade body. I freaking love this truck. It is extremely tough and too much fun. Watch the video.


Now that you have enjoyed that, here's some shots from an after rain bash this summer.






No comments:

Post a Comment