Tamiya gets it. They really really do. They understand that the majority of the people in the hobby started in the 80's. Yep we're old dudes that can't put away our childhood fun. But since we're grown we have jobs, now we can afford to just buy any new kit that catches our eyes. Tamiya has given us some treasures before, but this time they did it. They brought back the Bruiser.
RC Toyota Bruiser
Item #58519 MSRP: $1,295.00
The R/C Toyota Bruiser was originally released in 1985. It featured a realistic 3 speed transmission and a solid axle leaf spring suspension. The 2012 edition comes with the same spectacular features. The original layout of the chassis has been kept while modern improvements have been discretely incorporated to bring added fun and function.
Specs and Features:
1/10 scale R/C assembly kit.
The Bruiser body, including the sleeper cab, is made of durable injection-molded ABS plastic.
- Metal ladder frame chassis retains the original layout and features a black-finished surface.
- Newly-designed die-cast transmission is equipped with planetary gears.
- Refined clutch mechanisms offer smooth gear changes and superb durability. 3-speed gears are possible (1st gear=4WD, 2nd & 3rd gears=Rear Wheel Drive).
- Newly-designed front/rear axle housings are equipped with differential gears to offer smooth cornering performance.
- Front and rear differentials may be locked for enhanced off-road performance.
- Front & rear large diameter tires offer superb traction.
- Separately available LEDs can be installed in the light cases to depict realistic head and tail lights.
- Type 540 motor included.
- Includes 3-Speed refined clutch mechanisms